Saturday 20 April 2013

Green Refectory

Green Refectory has been on my radar for quite some time now. And yesterday, I finally made a trip to Brunswick to try it out. After taking the wrong tram ending up on the opposite side, walking for an hour AND having a snack of fish and chips. We finally made it! And I must say it's worth your money and good for your taste buds too. They have an array of pastries, cakes, pies, almost anything you want! Definitely recommend Green Refectory to anyone who's in Melbourne.

Big Breakfast $15.50
Make sure you bring your appetite if you're planning to have this. Eggs, toast, baked beans, tomatoes, avocado, caramelised onions, spinach, mushrooms, bacon and haloumi (my new favourite cheese). You could choose between poached eggs or scrambled.

Vanilla Slice $3
I liked this a lot. Thick vanilla custard with puff pastry on the top and bottom with a passionfruit glaze. The passionfruit glaze just gave it that kick it needed. I'll definitely go back there to try more of their pastries. Really eager to try their Black Forest cake.

Don't you just love this door knocker? In love with the vintage and rustic feel of the cafe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment